Re-active Indoor Quality
Building tenants and employees are more and more aware of the health and comfort issues that can be caused by environmental conditions inside buildings. While symptoms such as eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches and fatigue are common, widespread serious health impairment has yet to be linked to indoor air quality. In fact, most IAQ concerns are about comfort conditions, particularly stale and stuffy air, less than ideal temperature conditions and unpleasant odours. Health & Safety regulations are being updated to require the employer to complete an investigation when an indoor air quality complaint is received.
Sterling IAQ Consultants Ltd. assists employers and building managers/operators by investigating the complaints and assessing a course of action. Our IAQ services can include:
- Discussions with employees, employers and managers to determine the extent of the IAQ complaint.
- Inspections of the indoor environment and ventilation system for factors that could adversely affect the IAQ.
- Testing of the indoor air to evaluate the quality of the indoor air.
Our testing capabilities can include:
- Carbon dioxide
- Carbon monoxide
- Temperature and relative humidity
- Volatile organic compounds (VOC’s)
- Environmental tobacco smoke
- Asbestos and other fibers